Wednesday 13 December 2017

REVIEW : 2017 Advent Calendar Daily - Stocking Stuffers Series

36585629


BLURB
 Find it here


REVIEW



ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL 🌟🌟🌟🌟                                             
 Oh, this is a wonderful story to begin with.
This was funny and adorable. I laugh a lot. Charlie and Aemon are definitely meant to be together.
There are some adorable adopted animals too, because Charlie cannot stand a lone animal, abandoned at Christmas. So he gave max his first Christmas. But he had no idea what's real Christmas like, because since he's five years old, his parents passed away and lived with some foster parents ever since.
I cried a bit when he asked Aemon what's the Christmas like, and Aemon told him everything, and wanted to give him a real Christmas. Sigh.
"Maybe I'm just a bit sad that I don't remember Christmas with my parents, because maybe it was just as wonderful as yours.." 
I enjoyed this so much, enjoyed the laughter, the love, the clumsiness, the sweetness...the animals are all adorable. And the ending was just so perfect!
Recommended for your holiday read!



CANDY CANES AND CAPPUCCINOS 🌟🌟🌟
Short and fun with a HFN. It's okay though according that Steven and Kyle has just met and never been in a date before. One moment of truth, one date at Kyle's house, sexy time together, hopefully leads to their HEA. Who knows? Christmas is full of miracles after all.
A sweet short Christmas story to look forward to.
It's never easy to trust someone after you had your world crumbling down on your previous relationship. 


CHRISTMAS GRACE 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Aaron and Craig had almost a similar disappointment over their earlier love affair, and trust is all they need to stay together for a long time. While Aaron need someone not to pointing fingers on him for his anxiety, Craig had his own secret. And he's about to let Aaron see him and accepting him as he is.
This is a sweet and heartwarming story about what family means to us. And Craig wanted to share his life and being family with Aaron desperately. After he revealed his secret to Aaron.
Aaron didn't take it very well at once, but after a short therapy session with Freddie the security guy, all he need is actually listened to what Craig about to say.
It seemed what he had been afraid of, was nothing at all after what Craig gave it to him.
Loved this story, I enjoyed it a lot. Oh don't worry about sexy times, Craig and Aaron were on fire after everything between them solved.
So, everybody's happy. Ooh...and you'll meet with Grace later...*wink*


EUGENE AND THE BOX OF NAILS 🌟🌟🌟
OMG Eugene is so freaking stubborn! If only he;s not that stubborn and I wanted to slap his head all the time, I would probably enjoyed the book more. I mean, seriously? I have no idea why Cullen's so patient with him.LOL.
I don't think I have that kind pf patience Cullen have for Eugene.
This is a 'perfect Christmas story'. You know, sad, broken man, with a little tendencies to steal a box of nails, ended with a love of his life and everyone forgave him. I'm so jealous! :P
Well, this is Christmas after all. I liked the ending though. And Cullen is perfect, at least for Eugene. Hahaha…


GHOSTWRITERS OF CHRISTMAS PAST 🌟🌟🌟🌟
This is a second chance romance and it's kinda sweet. Because, not just renewed love affair between Jason and Tom, but also his nephew Mallory who lost her parents and have to live with her uncle.
I liked that when Mallory asked Jason if he and Tom are boyfriends, and when Jason told her no, she told him that she wanted to marry Tom, because Tom make breakfast!
Tom and Jason tried to talk and cannot deny their attractions to one another.
So yeah, they got their second chance of love, built a new life in the near future is a no question.
I enjoyed this. Especially Mallory!


GIFT OF FAMILY 🌟🌟🌟
Cute and adorable story, with a little girl and a dog in the middle. Makes everything between Scott and Brennan's relationship a lot easier. When someone liked your dog, and someone can stand your daughter and adored her, things like falling in love as soon as possible believable. Right?
Yeah, it's an insta-love between Brennan and Scott. Brennan won't take no as an answer, and Scott is just, okay, he's the right guy for me.
Scott got the best Christmas gift in the world, a family.
It's HFN with a promises for long lasting love.
Happy Holiday!


HOLIDAY CRUSH 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Oooh this is lovely and adorable!
I loved Michael with all his energy and love for Christmas. And Brad with all his more controlled personality. But when it comes to Michael, I think he can't say no. Especially when Michael woo him with his cookies.
There's a conflict in his heart about Michael, but then, I'm glad they worked it out. In this case, from Brad's side. Because, hey...a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Follow his heart and chasing after his dream.
And that's what Brad's do.
I love the epilogue, it was kinda perfect. The guys surely got their HEA!


HOLLY GROWETH GREEN 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is a magical sweet fairy tale. I was captivated from the start.
This is what I called a truly Christmas spirit story. I was so excited when I found this story and I'm not wrong!
What the author tried to tell you is, true love does exist, in this world or somewhere in between.
I cried a little reading how much Laurence so determined to find Avery after their twelve nights in that cabin.
That's what true love like, right?
When you found your heart, you keep it, and never let go.
It's such a beautiful story. Recommended!

HOME MADE FROM THE HEART 🌟🌟🌟
Cute story, with an adorable seven year old matchmaker and art. Art everywhere!
And men with no communicating skills usually made me angry, lol. And Grant and Josh are both part of that.
I mean, come on, can you just ask? What's so hard about asking?
But this is also cute, even assumption is kinda irked me a little.
This one is light, sweet and adorable story. Again, with art. And I'm an art junkie.
Enjoyable and fun. Read this!


HOPE IS THE THING WITH FEATHERS 🌟🌟🌟
This is rare. A senior love story between 57 and 67 year old men is very rare in MM genre.
It's very sweet actually. I liked the idea of a second times , third times chance of love affair and not spending your old days alone and lonely, but with someone you love.
Samuel and Raymond are bot unique characters. Samuel with his love for chicken, and Raymond with a tendencies of eating it! LOL
This was a fun read, I enjoyed both Samuel and Raymond. Mostly Samuel, he's a sweetheart.




OPEN WINDOW 🌟🌟🌟🌟
A sweet story about Henry and Jim, twenty years after their first met. It's a flashback, and the couple remembered how they met, that put tears in my eyes for how much acceptance between the two of them on that day. How much Jim trusted Henry that Henry won't do no harm for him. Sure Jim was reckless that day, but he had a reason that everyone will understand immediately.
Henry's like a gift from heaven he had to accept willingly ever since.
Twenty years later, they're still together and remembering the first time they met, is like their tradition.
Recommended

LAST GIFT 🌟🌟🌟🌟
When you have a crush on someone and you cannot say anything about it, except stalking him?
That's what happened between Aaron and Nick. Besides, Nick didn't know that Aaron came for him every day, finding a reason to talk to him, but afraid to asked him out. While Nick thought that Aaron is too good to be true, and came to his work at the convenient store just for a quick breakfast before work. Nick has crush on Aaron as well.
So, guys obviously need a better communication skill, talk instead of wasting time for a whole month pretending and assuming.
I liked this one a lot. This is a heartwarming and adorable story to savor for holiday. Well written, and unputdownable. You'll love Nick and Aaron!
Recommended.



MATURE MAN’S GUIDE TO SURVIVING CHANGE 🌟🌟🌟
I liked the idea of 'senior' romance. Both MCs are in their fifties, and looking forward for a new romance.
Perry and Joel are friends, ever since before Perry's husband's death. Well, there's attraction between them, but not until Perry ready to date again. Perry gave signs but Joel's kind of clueless about Perry's attraction to him.
Not until Perry TOLD him. Agghh... I wanted to slap Joel, because how could he's so blind?
Perry wanted him and only him, not some young guys who's hitting on him.
You know, when everyone sees you're into someone and you're the only one who cannot see that? That's Joel. But secret Santa's idea is kinda cute.
It was a fun read, and light, not much of complicated. Holiday reads should be like this, right? 


NEW GAME, START 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is so freaking adorable, and cute! With a holiday spirit and insta-love and the gamers!
I'm so enjoying this, laughing so much, and I never really often seeing myself happy while I'm reading. And Walter and Edgar made me happy! Because there so right for each other.
I can't recommend you enough to pick this one! 


PINNING FOR PERFECT 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Stokely doesn't like Christmas. But he likes Asher. Listened to Asher every morning and dreaming of him.
And when Asher asked him to send sometimes with him to do deeds for Christmas, it was somekind of deal breaker for him.
But Asher won't stop, he has that kind of energy to make Stokely sees Christmas a different way.

This is a heartwarming holiday story you'll probably wants to consider read.
Happy Holiday!

PROBABILITY OF MISTLETOE 🌟🌟🌟
Well, I have no idea what's on Peter and Keith's head ten years ago when they were obviously attracted to each other, and Peter just bolted and ignored Keith just like that. No explanation after that, no apologies? And Keith just assumed?
Ten year's later, they has the same path and still, Keith's assuming?
It's actually the sweet Christmas story, but not enough chemistry between Peter and Keith to make me believe that they will have a HEA.
Sorry.


PUZZLE BOX 🌟🌟🌟🌟
I enjoyed this story. It's cute and adorable. The type of book you would like to read when you need a dream come true, with a little puzzle play.
Having a long distance relationship is never easy, especially when you have your love ones as an ARMY, and never know where he is at the moment every time he's been deployed.
But James has a little surprise for Cole, not an easy one because Cole has to 'guess' what James hiding from him.
Enjoyable and fun. And a promise of HEA!

RED POPCORN STRINGS AND GUMBALL RINGS 🌟🌟🌟🌟
When you are poor have nothing, happiness is simple. Even if it's only a forgotten picture from your childhood, a warm food, and a job opportunity. And your love ones stand beside you whatever people said about you, to love you and make sure that you are happy.
That's enough for Casey and Ellis. But this year, Christmas is pretty special, because there's hope.
I liked this one, enjoyable and heartwarming. And Casey and Ellis are happy, this is their best Christmas ever! Because, the end is kinda hooked me and made me smile.

STORMS GIFT 🌟🌟
Of course this is storm stranded story and an insta-attraction between two guys whose only recognized each other from afar. Nothing's wrong with that. But an insta-f***ing with a virgin you have only known for like two minutes? Yeah, teenage hormones and all, but still.
I liked the idea of locked up in a dorm, but I don't think the execution is really what I need.
This could be better if only no sex included, but just a promise of a relationship in the future.
IMHO.

TIMELY GIFT 🌟🌟🌟
Meeting your long lost love and have an opportunity for a second chance is always sweet.
Especially when some 'magic' involved.
But where's the magic? I think it's in the old watch Rory's Grandda gave him. Reminding him that Deacon is someone he need to keep. Someone from the past that could be his future.
It's a sweet fluffy short story, good enough to read to pass your holiday.
Don't expect too much magic. Because I didn't feel it, and also, the chemistry between Rory and Deacon not as strong as I expected.

WELCOME HOME SOLDIER 🌟🌟🌟
While I liked the idea of magical meeting of the very own father of Christmas, there's something missing with the second chance romance between Danny and Clay.
I felt like they still keeping their anger about the past, and not fully forgiving, you know. Of course there's arguing, forgiveness, lust and sex that's undeniably they both wanted.
It's just I need 'more' from both of them. I felt like it was just lust after all. I didn't feel any strong chemistry between them up until the end of the book. Damn, I wish this is where I have to say, 'It's me, book, not you'.

WRECK THE HALLS 🌟🌟🌟
Competing between business owners and then falling in love? Nice plot bunny.
But I think Nick and Paul gave a new meaning of childish competition according to their businesses.
Raged Paul, and childish Nick, and all in between, made me frowned in not a very good way.
Don' get me wrong, I liked the whole story idea, but there's just something wrong with that two. Maybe the need some anger management therapy? You know, how to get mad without being silly?
I didn't sit well with all the insta-love and insta-moving in decision after getting naked for two day.
Or I'm the one whose too old fashioned. Or I'm too old for this.
Definitely too old... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment